Alpena Yacht Club Usage Policy
For use of club facilities members shall contact the club manager in advance to make sure the date desired is available. ONLY the club manager can reserve a date on the calendar. Requests for dates between Memorial and Labor Day need to be approved by the board. All fees must be paid in advance in order to confirm the reservation. Fees are as follows:
1. $150.00 Basic usage fee. Member without kitchen use.
2. $200.00 For a member request (non-business use) for a large group that requires heavy use of the kitchen and dishes (example: wedding).
3. $200.00 Request for use of the club by an OUTSIDE GROUP OR ORGANIZATION with NO KITCHEN USE. This type of request must be made by a club member. The sponsoring member is responsible for all charges incurred and is required to be on the premises during the function.
4. $300.00 Request for use of the club by an OUTSIDE GROUP OR ORGANIZATION with KITCHEN USE. This type of request must by made by a club member and is subject to board approval. The sponsoring member is responsible for all charges incurred and is required to be on the premises during the function.
5. Gray usage is a member having a group of non members too small in number and for too short of a time for a private rental. A $1.00 per person head charge for over six persons not related to the member for a planned and purposeful get together, up to a maximum of 36 persons, thereafter a rental is in order. The maximum charge for a GRAY RENTAL would thus be $30.00. During that time the club is open to all members.
Fees do not include the cleaning deposit of $50.00. This is paid in advance with the usage fee, a portion of the cleaning deposit may be refunded at the club managerâ€™s discretion.
Members who use the club are expected to place chairs, tables and furniture in their original location and to clean the kitchen, unless other arrangements have been made in advance. The premises must be cleaned by 10:00 a.m. the following morning.
Arrangements for a bartender and refreshments must be made through the club manager. A bartender MUST be on duty for rentals where there are a significant number of minors present. M.L.C.C. stipulates that alcohol cannot be served after 2:00 a.m. and the premises must be vacated by 2:30 a.m. All alcohol must be purchased from the club. No alcohol can be brought on to the premises.
State liquor laws must be observed. Because of our type of license all liquor, beer and wine must be purchased from the club. You may not bring any in or take any out. Lockers are available at the cost of $10.00 per year, and must be locked when you have liquor in them. To purchase liquor for your locker you call the club manager or sign up on the order sheet posted on the liquor locker door, when your order is in you will receive a call to make arrangements to get your purchase. The house manager is Jan Mansfield 989-884-1141.
Each member is asked to treat our club as if it were their own home. Do not leave behind dirty dishes or food. The bar glasses you use should be washed before you leave the club. There are washing instructions posted. Prior to leaving check all doors and windows to insure they are closed and locked . We want to make sure the club is always neat and ready to receive the next member and their guest.